Membership in the Ohio Watercolor Society is open to all residents of Ohio and to those in neighboring states (PA, WV, KY, IN and MI) who are members of an Ohio-based art organization or business.
The OWS is fortunate to have not only a diverse range of talented artists as members, but also a fellowship—in the broadest sense—that is committed to fostering the mission of the Society. The participation of our Members is strongly encouraged to ensure the success of the exhibitions, workshops and other educational and outreach activities for which OWS is known.
• SIGNATURE MEMBER: A Signature Member is one who has been so designated by a vote of the OWS Board and is entitled to to use the initials "OWS" with the signature on their paintings. Signature Members are eligible to receive notice of and participate in all OWS activities, the newsletter and one free entry for the annual competition. Signature members may serve on the Board of Trustees and as Officers and may vote on all Society affairs. Dues are $35.00 annually.
• ASSOCIATE (non-voting): Any Ohio resident is eligible and entitled to receive notice of and participate in all OWS activities, receive the newsletter and one free entry for the annual competition. Dues are $30.00 annually.
• HONORARY ASSOCIATE (non-voting): These persons are recommended by the OWS Executive Board because of outstanding contributions either to the Society or to Art in general. Signature members recommended to be Honorary Associate do not lose their other membership privileges.
• PATRON (non-voting): Any person, family, business firm or organization whose financial contribution to the Society during the course of a calendar year is $100.00 or more may be a patron. These funds are directed to the annual gift fund which supports awards, educational funding and the general operating budget of the Society.
• WATERCOLOR ANGEL (non-voting): Any person, family, business firm or organization whose financial contribution to the Society during the course of a calendar year is between $25.00 and $99.00 will be designated a Watercolor Angel. These funds are directed to the annual gift fund which supports awards, educational funding and the general operating budget of the Society.
PAYMENT OF DUES
The fiscal year for the OWS is October 1 - September 30. Renewal invoices are sent in late August and payment is due October 1. Membership privileges are valid from October 1 until September 30 of the following year.
For the current year, dues paid between October 1, 2016 and April 1, 2017 entitle a member to submit one entry free of charge to the annual juried exhibition Watercolor Ohio 2017 and to enjoy membership privileges through September 30, 2017.
Payment of dues after April 1, 2017 is applied toward membership for the year October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018.
Membership entitles a person to receive one entry free of charge to the annual juried exhibition, a copy of the exhibition catalog, and all mailings—including the quarterly newsletter—which contains many interesting and informative articles. It also entitles members to a discount on any classes or workshops offered by OWS and to receive special preview invitations to all OWS events.
All OWS EXHIBITIONS, exhibition catalogs, quarterly newsletters and other programs are funded by membership dues, donations from businesses, the private sector, various foundations, and the Ohio Arts Council, which expends state tax dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.
TO BECOME AN ASSOCIATE OF THE OWS, please print a membership application form and send it with your check to: Ohio Watercolor Society. 3839 Wheatlands Rd., Sylvania OH 43560.
OWS is a nonprofit educational organization incorporated in the State of Ohio.
Contributions and membership dues are tax-deductible.